Happy Friday! It’s already May, and you really get the feeling that summer is ready to kick off in the next few weeks! Let’s start the weekend right with our first Feature Friday of the month with some of our favorite reads on social media, networking and marketing.
1. Facebook Releases New Guide on Creating More Effective Stories [Infographic] via Social Media Today
“Stories” are becoming a huge part of social media, and many people create content for them to put out there through that method. Facebook alone now sees more than 1.25 billion people using the Stories options across its family of apps every day.
It may be something that your firm has been utilizing already, or you haven’t quite tested the water yet, but if you haven’t it’s definitely a tool that you should be testing out! Check out the infographic below for tips on how to create killer stories and get your content out there!
If you are hosting a seminar and have attracted people to attend, what should be your next step? You need to follow-up and follow-through in order to convert these attendees into leads and clients. This is a critical step, so how do you go about doing this successfully?
- You need to add value at every step of the way.
- Be sure that you are following up with your prospective clients.
- Prepare for your first meeting with a prospect.
- Visually demonstrate your value.
You need to prove that you are putting in the hard work and dedication to your prospects so that you can show that if they work with you, it will be worth their time and money. Check out the article for more details on how to best do this.
If you are a new advisor, then it’s a great idea to try to “DIY” when it comes to your marketing. It may not always be an easy task, but there can be huge benefits if advisors decide to do this. So, why is it a good idea? Here are 4 reasons why:
- You will be clear on who your ideal client is.
- You will figure out the strategies that you are comfortable or uncomfortable with.
- You learn how to market your business authentically.
- You will be better at organizing your future marketing budget.
If you’re not totally convinced, then check out the rest of the article to find out why this is a good idea!
Top Advisor Marketing does a great job of welcoming experts in the field to help them with their podcasts, and this week, they had Andrew Healy, co-founder and partner at the financial marketing agency Water & Wall. In today’s podcast, they will discuss what keeps advisors back from marketing, the key parts to building an authentic brand, what crisis management can look like in finance and a lot of other good tips! Check out the podcast below to hear some awesome tips!
Networking events are obviously a great way to build new connections and eventually gain clients. When you show up though, you have to put in a lot of effort rather than just expecting people to come to you. How do you go about doing this? Here are 8 best practices to help you out at your next event!
- Attend the right event
- Be clear in your message
- Get involved
- Listen closely
- Offer help
- Meet the boss
- Be a connector
- Plan to follow upWe hope that these help you out when you attend your next work function! Click on the article below to get additional information!